COMPLETE BED BUG & PRO-ACTIVE INSTRUCTIONS
Dr. Ben’s Evictor
(One gallon covers approximately 1200 sq. ft or 3 Hotel rooms)
Because bed bugs like to move from place to place & room to room, we have put together a protocol that if followed, should help neutralize today’s problem as well as future outbreaks. Below you will find a very detailed plan that will first help stop the insects from migrating into adjoining rooms, then treating the main room/s
It is not mandatory but suggested that prior to fogging into the infested room; you fog on adjoining sides of the main room or rooms first including above and below (if applicable). Just like a dog would herd cattle into a corral, from the outside in…we will do the same with the bed bugs. By fogging the adjoining room/s first the bed bugs will no longer want to travel into those treated areas, neutralizing the migration problems that others often encounter. You do not have to do a real thorough job in the adjoining rooms, but an adequate one would be in order. Although this seems to be a very long process at the time, in the long run it will save you time, revenue and potential outbreaks. BE PRO-ACTIVE
Preparing for your initial treatment
1. You should be concentrating on joining rooms homes, apartments or condos(left, right, upstairs & downstairs if applicable)
2. ** Turn off all furnaces/Pilot lights in infested room, apartment or condo
3. **Turn off all fire alarms in rooms/structures of infested room, apartment or condo.
4. Un-screw and take off plug and light switch covers in wall.
5. Take out all clothing in drawers and place in plastic bags (seal) and set outside.
6. Set empty drawers up against wall
7. Take down all pictures and place against wall
8. Place mattress up against wall
9. Place box spring against wall and then take off bottom dust cover (if present)
10. Pull bed away from wall enabling you to get all sides when spraying
11. Check curtain rods thoroughly for any sign of bed bugs
12. Check alarm clocks and other appliances in room for sign of bed bugs
13. Your first agenda should be to put DE in all plug and light fixtures using a pest pistol powder duster.
14. When finished with #13 re-place all plugs & light switch covers in wall.
15. If possible place new plug covers over plugs not being used by appliances. (plastic child proof plug connectors)
16. If possible, seal by putting a small bead of clear caulk around returned covers of light switches and plugs,
17. Should you find holes or cracks under sink areas put DE inside holes or cracks and then seal off with a sealant material for that job.
NOTE: By sealing up the areas described above you will help in the prevention of any additional bugs to pass through these areas when you start on the main room.
You’re now ready to start in joining rooms, apartments or condos with a hand held or back-pack spray apparatus
1. Spray Dr. Bens Evictor along baseboards in all joining rooms (Make sure to get between wall and baseboard if possible)
2. Spray under any loose carpeting
3. Visually look and inspect the upper corners of walls and behind any loose wall paper for signs of eggs or bed bugs.
Once the spraying has been conducted in joining rooms you are now prepared to start in the infested room, apartment or condo.
Start by spraying with a hand held or back-pack spray apparatus
1. Spray Dr. Bens Evictor along baseboards in all rooms (Make sure to get between wall and baseboard if possible)
2. Spray under any loose carpeting
3. Visually look and inspect the upper corners of walls and behind any lose wall paper for signs of eggs or bed bugs.
4. Spray inside cavities of dresser (corners especially)
5. Spray dresser drawers inside, underneath and sides
6. After inspecting pictures and frames, if any sign of eggs or bed bugs are present then spray
7. Spray down mattresses especially in the fold or crease of the mattress (The Dr. Bens does not stain and will migrate itself to atmosphere in a very short period of time)
8. Spray inside of Box spring making sure all wood framing especially corners are wet.
9. Spray down entire bed frame metal or wood looking for cracks or hollow holes
10. Spray down head board concentrating on the cracks around the framing.
11. Spray underneath cabinets in bathroom making sure to include upper part
12. Spray all living room furniture including under cushions, sides and bottom of couch and chairs and other furniture in room.
13. We know in some cases bed bugs will even migrate inside of door key holes you will want to spray in key holes of all doors.
Prepare the room prior to fogging.
1. Turn off all fire alarms
2. Turn off all pilot lights/furnaces Do Not Spray or fog into flames
3. Close all windows
4. Turn off AC
5. Remove all pets (ALL)
6. Place a towel on the floor at the bottom of the front door, so the mist does not leach into the halls.
7. Put on protective mask and goggles
Once this is accomplished you can now start fogging… Beginning in the farthest room from the front entrance of the room, Apartment, Condo, House or if attic is available (if applicable)
1. As you just used the hand held sprayer you will now repeat steps1-13 above, except you will use the fogger. You will fog at a distance of approximately 20 inches from everything that you just sprayed; this will ensure good penetration of the Solution deep inside the cracks and crevices. You will now move to the farthest part of the room from the door which you will exit. You will fog the entire carpet or other type of flooring side to side walking slowly backwards until you reach the exit door.
2. Prior to leaving, point the fogger straight in the room, turn on high and fog until there is a dense fog in the air. When it is hard to see through the fog, pick up your towel at the bottom of the doorway, open the door and close as quickly as possible then put the towel along the outside of the door so that the solution doesn’t leech out to the hall.
Start on next room (if applicable) and repeat the same protocol as the first room. Once in the living room area you will want to do the same thing again to the couch, chairs and other furniture including all flooring. As you begin to exit the room, apartment or condo make sure and hold the UV Fogger straight into the room at the exit and continue spraying fog until it is hard to see inside structure.
You will leave the room closed up for a minimum of 3 hours preferably 24 hours prior to re-entering.
Upon re-entry, open up all windows and turn on fans (do not turn on AC at this time) so that the air will circulate and go out windows and doors.
Clean up room thoroughly (DO NOT VACUUM, allow all furniture and carpeting to dry naturally) this gives the product enough time to dehydrate any eggs.
Then inspect for any movement of live insects. Although there should not be any bed bugs alive at this time, there is always a chance that some simply did not die, repeat fogging instructions only, when necessary.
The following Pro-Active Instructions are for
Daily & Monthly Maintenance
It is critical to act early to prevent bed bugs from becoming chronic and incurring much greater health and economic consequences.
1) Purchase bed bug detection devices and place them in strategic areas of a room. These devices will help identify potential problems prior to an infestation.
2) Each day in commercial structures where there are consumers checking in and out of rooms and shelters you should check along top of mattress “FOLD” for any signs of black spots, an indication there may be a presence of bed bugs.
3) Always keep clothing and other objects picked up and make sure the area is clean.
4) By putting DE in light and electrical sockets (removing covers first) will help in preventing the migration issues associated with bed bugs from one room to another.
5) By plugging all holes in wall and around pipes under sinks will help in preventing the migration issues associated with bed bugs from one room to another.
6) By caulking between baseboard and wall will help reduce bed bugs from laying eggs in this highly desirable area.
7) Look for carpeting becoming loose or coming up in corners of rooms and glue down as tightly as possible.
8) Wall paper which has come loose on walls should be glued down
9) If possible, put caulking inside holes of metal and wood bed frames including sealing up cracks.
NOTE: It is highly advised that you purchase mattress and box spring covers.
Once, every 45 day’s you should treat rooms along the wall and baseboards, under sinks, corners including exterior of structure using PCO Choice not Dr. Ben’s.
This all natural protocol will neutralize the bed bugs today and help you control any future outbreaks of bed bugs, roaches, ants, mites and other nuisance insects.